A Guide to Managing Federal Grants for Colleges and Universities is a comprehensive resource for college and university sponsored research administrators. It is designed to help those responsible for federal fund management on campus perform effectively during one of the most challenging periods ever for the field of grants management. In addition to the normal risks that colleges and universities face, OMB grant reforms have changed the way you must handle time and effort reporting, procurement under grants, direct charging certain costs, single audit preparations, subrecipient monitoring, and much more.
Managing Federal Grants provides the practical information grants managers need — on everything from solicitation through audit — to help limit their institution’s risk of disallowed costs and avoid the loss of federal funding and public relations nightmares. As a subscriber to Managing Federal Grants, you’ll receive:
- Federal Grants News, an informative monthly newsletter that monitors the entire federal grants scene, covering events unfolding in Washington and their likely impact on your institution. Delivered ten times a year to your USPS mailbox, emailed by PDF and archived on the subscriber-only website.
- 20 sections of expert “hands-on” guidance on every step in the grants cycle — from solicitation through audit — housed on the subscriber-only website for convenient 24/7 access.
- Federal Agency Weekly is a weekly email that permits subscribers to track federal grants policy issuances, rulemakings and guidance development from NIH, NSF, DoD, NASA, OMB, Grants.gov, OIG and numerous other government agencies and offices. Dozens of websites and listservs are scanned by our researchers to provide you with those most relevant to grants management on campus, all listed in one place to save you and your staff hours of time and effort.
And this wealth of valuable content — print, email and Web-based — is all updated regularly, well-organized, searchable and available to all employees on the same campus for one subscription price.
This is a great resource for:
- Research administrators
- Sponsored programs directors
- Business officers
- Internal auditors
- Legal counsel
- Department heads
- Others involved in managing grants
About Your Subscription
- Your annual subscription includes:
- Federal Grants News, an informative monthly newsletter
- 20 sections of narrative guidance on how to manage federal grants
- Federal Agency Weekly emails
- Links to all pertinent government documents
- Campus-wide access to all content … at no additional cost
If you have any questions or would like information about bulk pricing, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by email@example.com.
Authors and Editors
Jane Youngers, former Assistant Vice President for Research and Sponsored Programs, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, was one of the principal authors of the initial narrative sections of A Guide to Managing Federal Grants for Colleges and Universities.
The section on “Managing Subrecipient Awards” was written by Gunta J. Liders, University of Rochester. Ms. Linders serves as Editorial Adviser to the monthly newsletter, Federal Grants News.
The section on “Facility and Administrative Rates” was co-authored by Patrick Fitzgerald, Harvard University, and Jerry Fife, Vanderbilt University.
The section on “Administering International Subawards” was written by David Richardson, The Pennsylvania State University.
The section on “Research Contracts” was written by David J. Mayo, California Institute of Technology.