Thompson’s Single Audit Information Service breaks down the most complex and potentially confusing single audit requirements so you can take the steps needed to stay in compliance with the complicated, detailed rules governing this federal requirement for grant recipients that expend more than $750,000 in agency funding - a threshold that has just been raised from $500,000 under new uniform grant reform guidance. But what if your organization doesn't make the audit threshold? Should you still do audits, and what would you include? Find out about the audit process, different types of audits, the most recurring audit findings that persistently cause trouble and how to avoid them.
Keep up with the changes that impact audits under OMB's new uniform grant guidance: Single Audit Information Service - the most extensive and easy-to-use resource of its kind - keeps you abreast of the grant reform’s impact on single audit requirements by tracking every step of the process from the guidance’s roll out to agency implementation.
With Single Audit Information Service you can:
- Improve processes from soliciting bids for audit services to preparing audit reports to resolving audit findings with federal officials
- Stay in compliance with every aspect of single audit law - your best defense against the loss of funds and other enforcement actions.
- Understand your responsibilities by translating government jargon into easy to understand text and clarifying all of the single audit law and policies
- Keep informed with monthly updates as needed on the latest government documents and revisions
- Successfully handle an audit, increase its benefits and limit its potentially adverse impact
- Contact the editor with unanswered questions - a special resource for customers
Major Topics Covered
Single Audit Information Service is a comprehensive guide to all of the steps federal grantees and auditors must follow to ensure Single Audit Act compliance. From soliciting bids for audit services to preparing audit reports to resolving audit findings with federal officials, the Service provides detailed analyses of every aspect of single audit law and policy. It provides cost-effective and practical guidance on preparing for and performing single audits. All of the primary source documents grantees and auditors need are included - OMB circulars, GAO standards and federal agency regulations and guidance. Throughout the Service, you’ll find helpful compliance tools such as checklists, sample reports and proven methods of single audit compliance. Regular newsletters and Service updates provide up-to-date news and analysis.
- Overview of Audit Requirements
- Arranging for Audits
- What is Reviewed in an Audit
- Contents of the Audit Reporting Package and How It’s Used
- Audit Follow-Up
- Monitoring Subrecipients
- Technical Assistance Materials
Here are just a few benefits of Thompson's Grants Compliance Expert | Single Audit Information Service:
- Stay ahead of the game with rolling updates as soon as important changes happen — you won’t have to wait for a monthly update, we’ll get late-breaking news and developing issues to you right away!*
- Reduce your risk of noncompliance by consulting our wide array of expert analysis and suggested best practices — the key to compliance is staying informed!
- Find exactly what you need quickly with our powerful search engines.*
- Resolve unique situations and answer your complex questions with easy access to subject matter experts
- Easily access GAO, OMB and Agency-Specific Guidance — we compile all the federal agency guidance and prior grant circulars administrators need in one location
- Quickly consult federal laws and regulations via CaseMaker® — a continually updated collection of primary sources including federal and state statutes and regulations. Of course, the laws and regulations also are fully searchable.*
- Contact our Subject Matter Experts with unanswered questions.
- Spotlight on Grants Intelligence — a monthly email newsfeed, these articles highlight insight from some of the nation’s leading grant professionals. You’ll get authoritative information on hot topics and current events in grants management to help you stay abreast of the latest compliance issues, gain access to best practices and help you avoid audit findings and potential penalties.*
- Education & Training — specially selected webinars for your own professional development are included as part of your Federal Grants Compliance Expert. The New A-133 Compliance Supplement and Its Impact on Grant Audits is just one example. You’ll also be able to download handouts and related materials you can use to train your staff and other managers in your organization.*
* Only available to customers with an online subscription.
About Your Subscription
You will receive the two-volume Single Audit Information Service in print and/or access to the manual online at grants.complianceexpert.com. Based on the delivery method you choose, your annual subscription also includes monthly print and/or rolling digital updates, news, analysis, training tools, forms and more at no additional charge for the 12-month subscription period. If you have any questions or would like information about bulk pricing or site licenses, please contact Client Services at 800-677-3789 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.